Read below how to make the best homemade vegan pesto (Ready in 10 Minutes).
- 2 cups tightly packed fresh basil
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pine nuts
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch sea salt and freshly ground pepper, plus more to taste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- Place the basil, walnuts or pine nuts, and garlic in a food processor fitted with the S blade. Pulse to combine, until the mixture is coarsely ground.
- With the motor on, drizzle in the olive oil in a thin stream. Add the sea salt, pepper, lemon, and nutritional yeast, and pulse a few more times to combine. Taste and adjust the seasoning to taste. This will keep well in the fridge, in a tightly sealed container, for a few days; top the pesto with a layer of olive oil to decrease any browning.